In Saskatchewan, if serious injury or death has occurred while a person was in police custody or as a result of a police action, the municipal police service or RCMP detachment concerned must request that the Deputy Minister of Justice appoint an investigation observer from another police service or RCMP detachment. This investigation observer will monitor the investigation and report back to the Deputy Minister. To learn more please visit Saskatchewan Public Complaints Commission.

Date modified: