Review request from Minister of Public Safety
- Request to the RCMP for an update on the implementation of the Commission's 11 recommendations (November 4, 2015)
- Announcement - Review of workplace harassment in the RCMP (February 2016)
- Notification to the RCMP Commissioner of the Commission's follow-up investigation (February 22, 2016)
- RCMP letter of acknowledgement (March 9, 2016)
- Request to the RCMP Commissioner seeking his full support and collaboration (April 20, 2016)
- RCMP Commissioner's response clarifying the RCMP's Internal Framework (May 18, 2016)
- Request to the RCMP to have information about the Commission's investigation posted on the RCMP's internal website (June 1, 2016)
- Report into Workplace Harassment in the RCMP (May 15, 2017)
To learn more about the Commission's initial investigation into workplace harassment in the RCMP (2013), click here.
February 4, 2016
Mr. Ian McPhail, Q.C.
Chair, Civilian Review and Complaints Commission
60 Queen Street, 3rd floor
Ottawa, ON K1P 5Y7
Dear Mr. McPhail,
Pursuant to my authorities under subsection 45.34(1) of the RCMP Act, I am requesting that the Commission undertake a comprehensive review of the RCMP's policies and procedures on workplace harassment, and specifically examine and evaluate the implementation of recommendations made in its 2013 Public Interest Investigation Report into RCMP workplace Harassment. In your review and subsequent report regarding the implementation of the 11 recommendations, I anticipate that you will, as set out in subsection 45.34(4) of the Act, include any findings and recommendations that you see fit regarding the adequacy, appropriateness, sufficiency, or clarity of the policies, procedures or guidelines in place to prevent and address allegations regarding RCMP members engaged in workplace harassment.
As you review proceeds, I would like to invite you to liaise with Ms. Kathy Thompson, Assistant Deputy Minister, Community Safety and Countering Crime Branch at 613-990-2703.
I thank you for your collaboration on this matter.
The Honourable Ralph Goodale, P.C., M.P.
- Date modified: