Vision, Mission and Mandate
The Civilian Review and Complaints Commission for the RCMP (the Commission) is an agency of the federal government, distinct and independent from the RCMP.
Excellence in policing through accountability.
To enhance the accountability of the RCMP by providing civilian review of RCMP activities and member conduct.
As set out in Parts VI and VII of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act, the mandate of the Commission is to:
- receive complaints from the public about the conduct of RCMP members;
- conduct reviews when complainants are not satisfied with the RCMP's handling of their complaints;
- initiate complaints and investigations into RCMP conduct when it is in the public interest to do so;
- review specified activities; and
- report findings and make recommendations.
- Date modified: