The Commission has the authority to conduct reviews of specified RCMP activities for the purpose of ensuring accordance with legislation, regulation, ministerial direction, or RCMP policies, procedures or guidelines. These reviews can be initiated by the Commission, or, at the request of either the Minister of Public Safety, or a provincial minister responsible for policing in a province where the RCMP provides service.
Workplace Harassment in the RCMP: Follow-Up
- Review of Workplace Harassment in the RCMP
- Request to the RCMP for an update on the implementation of the Commission's 11 recommendations (November 4, 2015)
- Review request from Minister of Public Safety (February 4, 2016)
- Notification to the RCMP Commissioner of the Commission's follow-up investigation (February 22, 2016)
- RCMP letter of acknowledgement (March 9, 2016)
- Request to the RCMP Commissioner seeking his full support and collaboration (April 20, 2016)
- RCMP Commissioner's response clarifying the RCMP's Internal Framework (May 18, 2016)
- Request to the RCMP to have information about the Commission's investigation posted on the RCMP's internal website (June 1, 2016)
- Report into Workplace Harassment in the RCMP (May 15, 2017)
To learn more about the Commission's Chair-Initiated Complaint and Public Interest Investigation regarding issues of RCMP workplace harassment (2013), click here.
RCMP's Implementation of Justice O'Connor Recommendations Concerning National Security Activities
- Date modified: