RCMP USE ONLY
Public Complaint Information and Forms
This section is for use by RCMP members.
If you are a member of the public, please click here to be redirected to the public access form.
Checklist for RCMP members
Prior to filing a public complaint, please advise the complainant of the following:
- Complaints can be filed independently with the Civilian Review and Complaints Commission (CRCC);
- The public complaint process can be accessed through the CRCC's website www.complaintscommission.ca;
- Pursuant to subsection 45.53(10) of the RCMP Act, information provided on completed complaint forms will be forwarded to the RCMP as part of the public complaint process; and,
- An RCMP investigator may contact them to obtain a statement or further information related to their complaint.
Ensure that the complaint concerns:
- the conduct of an RCMP officer in the performance of their policing duties.
- an incident that occurred within the last 12 months.
If the incident occurred more than 12 months ago, please advise the individual making the complaint that they will need to provide additional information / justification for the delay in order to determine if a time extension will be granted.
Ensure that the individual making the complaint is:
- directly involved in the incident
- a witness to the incident
- a person authorized to act on behalf of the person directly involved in the incident
PLEASE NOTE: RCMP members who assist the public with completing complaint forms must also sign the form (as indicated on the last page).
The forms below are not to be used for RCMP Code of Conduct or statutory offences.
- Online Complaint Form
Please note that the online complaint form will be unavailable from Friday, October 15 at 5 p.m. (EDT) through to Monday October 25, 2021, at 9 a.m. (EDT)
- Printable Public Complaint Form PDF
Hardcopies of completed and signed public complaint forms must be sent to your divisional Professional Responsibility Unit.
- Date modified: