PUBLIC COMPLAINT FORM (for RCMP use only)
If you are a member of the public, please click here to be redirected to the public access form.
This public complaint form is for RCMP use only. RCMP members please note: This form is not for use for Code of Conduct or statutory offences.
If you are using Internet Explorer and the form below is not displaying correctly, please contact the RCMP Central Helpdesk at 1-800-461-7797 or 613-993-6666 for further assistance.
Before completing this form, please advise members of the public that:
- Complaints can be filed independently with the Civilian Review and Complaints Commission (CRCC);
- The public complaint process can be accessed through the CRCC's website at www.complaintscommission.ca;
- Pursuant to subsection 45.53(10) of the RCMP Act, the information provided on completed complaint forms will be forwarded to the RCMP as part of the public complaint process; and,
- An RCMP investigator may contact them to obtain a statement or further information related to the complaint.
Members should ensure that the complaint concerns:
- the conduct of an RCMP officer in the performance of their policing duties.
- an incident that occurred within the last 12 months.
If the incident occurred more than 12 months ago, please advise the individual making the complaint that they will need to provide additional information / justification for the delay in order to determine if a time extension will be granted.
Individuals making a complaint need to be:
- directly involved in the incident
- a witness to the incident
- a person authorized to act on behalf of the person directly involved in the incident
- Date modified: