Ongoing Commission investigations can be categorized as:
- In progress;
- Subject of Interim Reports by the Commission; awaiting RCMP Commissioner's written response to issue Final Reports; and/or
- On hold pending the outcome of other proceedings or investigations that may inform the Commission’s investigations (i.e. criminal trial, Coroner's Inquest).
The Commission receives, on average, 2,000 public complaints per year. To respect the privacy of complainants, the Commission's website only includes reports involving Chairperson-Initiated Complaints (where the Commission Chairperson is the complainant) and Public Interest Investigations about incidents that are already in the public domain.
Kinngait Incident Involving RCMP Vehicle, Use of Force and Assault in Cell
Chair-Initiated Complaint and Public Interest Investigation
- Chairperson-Initiated Complaint and Public Interest Investigation (August 18, 2020)
- ᐃᒃᓯᕙᐅᑕᖓᓄᑦ-ᐱᒋᐊᖅᑎᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᒥ ᐅᓐᓂᕐᓗᑕᐅᔪᑦ ᐃᓄᐃᓪᓗ ᓴᐳᓐᓂᐊᖅᑕᐅᓂᖏᓐᓄᑦ ᖃᐅᔨᓴᕐᓂᖅ ᐱᐅᓯᕆᓚᐅᖅᑕᖏᓐᓂᒃ ᐸᓕᓯᒃᑯᑦ, ᑕᐃᑲᓂ ᑲᒪᔨᐅᓂᖏᓐᓂ ᑭᓐᖓᕐᓂ, ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ, ᑕᒪᓂ ᔫ 1, 2020-ᒥ – ᒪᓕᒃᑕᐅᔭᕆᐊᖃᕐᓂᖏᑦ ᑐᑭᓯᓂᐊᕐᕕᐅᖃᑕᕐᓗᑎᒡᓗ [PDF] (August 18, 2020)
- News Release - Chair-Initiated Complaint (August 18, 2020)
- Date modified: