Notification to the RCMP Commissioner of the Commission’s follow-up investigation
- Request to the RCMP for an update on the implementation of the Commission's 11 recommendations (November 4, 2015)
- Announcement - Review of workplace harassment in the RCMP (February 2016)
- Review request from Minister of Public Safety (February 4, 2016)
- RCMP letter of acknowledgement (March 9, 2016)
- Request to the RCMP Commissioner seeking his full support and collaboration (April 20, 2016)
- RCMP Commissioner's response clarifying the RCMP's Internal Framework (May 18, 2016)
- Request to the RCMP to have information about the Commission's investigation posted on the RCMP's internal website (June 1, 2016)
- Report into Workplace Harassment in the RCMP (May 15, 2017)
To learn more about the Commission's initial investigation into workplace harassment in the RCMP (2013), click here.
Commissioner Robert W. Paulson
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
73 Leikin Drive, M5 Building
3rd floor, Suite 101, Mailstop 47
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R2
Dear Commissioner Paulson:
On February 4, 2016, I received a letter from the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety, requesting that the Commission undertake a comprehensive review of the RCMP's policies and procedures on workplace harassment, and to specifically examine and evaluate the implementation of recommendations made in the Commission's 2013 Public Interest Investigations Report into RCMP Workplace Harassment, pursuant to the Minister's authorities under subsection 45.34(1) of the RCMP Act.
In your letter of July 5, 2013, you agreed with the conclusions in the Commission's report and indicated a thorough analysis of the 11 recommendations was being undertaken. At that time you also undertook to update the Commission on the RCMP's strategies and new procedures as they are implemented. On November 2, 2015, I wrote to you seeking an update on the implementation of the Commission's recommendations. I await your reply in that regard.
Further to the Minister's request, could you please identify a point of contact with whom the Commission can liaise as we develop the Terms of Reference and identify relevant material.
I appreciate your attention to this matter.
Ian McPhail, Q.C.
- Date modified: