RCMP letter of acknowledgement
- Request to the RCMP for an update on the implementation of the Commission's 11 recommendations (November 4, 2015)
- Announcement - Review of workplace harassment in the RCMP (February 2016)
- Review request from Minister of Public Safety (February 4, 2016)
- Notification to the RCMP Commissioner of the Commission's follow-up investigation (February 22, 2016)
- Request to the RCMP Commissioner seeking his full support and collaboration (April 20, 2016)
- RCMP Commissioner's response clarifying the RCMP's Internal Framework (May 18, 2016)
- Request to the RCMP to have information about the Commission's investigation posted on the RCMP's internal website (June 1, 2016)
- Report into Workplace Harassment in the RCMP (May 15, 2017)
To learn more about the Commission's initial investigation into workplace harassment in the RCMP (2013), click here.
March 9 2016
Mr. Ian McPhail, Q.C.
Civilian Review and Complaints
Commission for the RCMP
P.O. Box 1722, Station "B"
Ottawa, Ontario KlP 0B3
Dear Mr. McPhail:
I acknowledge receipt of your letter of November 4, 2015, in which you request an update on the implementation of the Commission's recommendations in the 2013 Public Interest Investigation Report into Issues of Workplace Harassment within the RCMP.
I also confirm receipt of your February 22, 2016, letter in which you advise that the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety, has requested that the Commission undertake a review of the RCMP's policies and procedures regarding workplace harassment, and specifically examine and evaluate the implementation of the recommendations in the Report.
Please find enclosed a matrix outlining the actions taken by the RCMP to implement the recommendations from the Report. I have asked Superintendent Konrad Shourie of the National Public Complaints Directorate to be the point of contact for the Commission to review the Terms of Reference and identify the relevant material.
- Date modified: